Who is eligible?
What are my responsibilities?
- Preschool children (birth until their fifth birthday). Children under five years old may register at any time until their fifth birthday.
When will I recieve books?
- Submit an official registration form, completely filled out by parent or guardian (form must be approved and on file with local library).
- Notify your local library any time your address changes. If the child's address changes, you must contact your local library to continue receiving books or visit this site to change their address..
- Read with your child.
- Ten to twelve weeks after your registration form has been received, books will begin arriving at your home and will continue until your child turns five or you move into a county where The Imagination Library is not available.
How can I help?
- Do you know a preschool child who is not receiving Dolly Parton's Imagination Library? Give their parents a registration form and encourage them to fill it out and mail it to the address below. Telling them about this FREE program can make a huge difference in their future and the future of our community.
Why isn’t Imagination Library in my county?
- When Imagination Library came to West Virginia in 2007, the 6 most distressed counties received the program first. Since then, we have been launching events by regions, starting with the Northern Panhandle. Our goal is to expand the Imagination Library program to all 55 counties in West Virginia.
If you know of a business, organization or individual who would like to donate funds to support this gift to your children, donations can be sent to:
West Virginia Department of Education and the Arts
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East
Building 5, Room 205
Charleston, WV 25305